Microsoft is known for providing various great features and tools within its Windows operating system. And Windows 10 also comes with a lot of useful options that aim to provide its users with the best computing experience. And among all the functionalities, PowerShell is also a useful and powerful feature of Windows 10 that allows you to perform several tasks on your Windows computer system with much ease. Now, this feature is enabled by default on your Windows 10 computer as the Microsoft company is pushing a lot of users to switch to PowerShell instead of Command Prompt. The company has taken this step because the PowerShell is a much more feature-rich and powerful tool than the regular Command Prompt functionality. Undoubtedly, it can be the best tool included in Windows 10. But for some reason, there may be some users who might want to disable this functionality on their Windows computer.
And if you are also a Windows 10 user and want to know how you can disable the PowerShell functionality on your computer system, then you are on the right page now. Here, the Windows 10 users will be able to get the methods for disabling the PowerShell functionality on their computer system. So, please read the full post to get the technique.
The Method for Disabling PowerShell on Windows 10
There are various methods for disabling the PowerShell functionality on a Windows 10 computer. You can uninstall the PowerShell app on your computer like any other apps. And you can also do so using the Local Group Policy Editor on your computer. And here, we will focus on the second method, which is disabling the PowerShell on Windows 10 using Local Group Policy Editor. So, here are the steps that you will need to follow to proceed with the task:
- First of all, you will have to open the Local Group Policy Editor window on your computer. To do so, go to the Start menu and then type “gpedit.msc” in the search bar and press the enter key.
- And after reaching the Local Group Policy Editor window, proceed by navigating to the following path: “User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System.”
- And after you reach the next screen, go to the right side section and then click twice on the policy stated as, “Don’t run specified Windows application.”
- And now, a pop-up window will show up on your screen. Here, you will need to click on the “Enabled” option.
- Next, you will have to jump to the “Options” section, where you will need to click on the “Show” button.
- Now, under the value section that appears on your screen, enter “powershell.exe” and, at last, click the “Ok” button. And that’s it.
And after you are done following all of the steps mentioned above, the PowerShell functionality will be disabled on your computer system.
So, that is how one can perform the task of disabling PowerShell on their Windows 10 computer. Try all of these steps now, and if you detect any problems, then please visit our website to find out the solution.